Dr. Gilberto Ungson Reviews, Mexico Bariatric Surgeon
Dr. Gilberto Ungson is a very experienced surgeon who has been operating since 1991. With over over 7,000 bariatric surgery procedures performed, Dr. Ungson has an impeccable reputation and a strong track record as a bariatric surgeon.
Dr. Gilberto Ungson is a leading Bariatric Surgeon at Mexicali Bariatric Center and pioneer in the field of minimally invasive surgery in the state of Sonora, México; he was the first surgeon in the state performing laparoscopic surgical procedures for diseases of the digestive system and abdominal wall. Dr. Gilberto Ungson’s patients also seem to concur that he is an amazing surgeon.
After Dr. Gilberto Ungson received his medical degree at the West Medical Center of IMSS, Guadalajara, Jalisco in 1990. Dr. Gilberto Ungson decided to continue with his education and specialized training from renowned medical centers participating in studies and programs at the following institutions:
- University of Southern California in Los Angeles, California, USA,
- Tucson Medical Center’s Minimally Invasive Center of Surgery in Tucson, Arizona, USA
- Virgen de los Lirios Hospital, Alcoy in Alicante, Spain.
While traveling, Dr. Gilberto Ungson perfected his skills in such subjects as:
- Minimally invasive surgery and advanced laparoscopic techniques.
- Mini Gastric Bypass, Lap-Banding , Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve, Gastric Lap-Band, and Revision Weight Loss Surgery.
To date, Dr. Gilberto Ungson is considered to be the most experienced bariatric surgeon in Mexico in implementing the more rare Duodenal Switch weight loss procedure. Dr. Gilberto Ungson is also a member of many professional organizations and former president of the Mexican College of Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery.
Dr. Gilberto Ungson Affiliations
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity (IFSO)
- Mexican College of Surgeons (AMCG)
- Mexican Society of Endoscopic Surgery (AMCE)
For more information about the surgeon and bariatric procedures, please visit: